Monday, February 17, 2014

A Suprise

I wanted to share with you the surprise I had when I went to turn on my anesthesia machine the other day. I was the first one in the OR. I was getting things ready for the day. I turned on the anesthesia machine and then turned to my left to attach the breathing circuit and this little fellow was attached to the monitoring cables. I was needless to say VERY surprised but contrary to what you may read on Facebook I did not scream like a girl. I found out later that he is known as a Jesus lizard because he can walk on water. He was apparently cold from the air conditioning. Once he was released outside he warmed up and was running on his hind legs. This was not the interaction with Jesus I came to Nicaragua for.

These are pictures of a few of the patients we served last week. I cannot begin to tell you how great it feels to be given the opportunity to have touched their lives.  The final total was 50 procedures in the OR and another 100 procedures in the Ditzel clinic. I am not sure of the breakdown in type of procedure but we must have done around 15 or more cleft lip and or palate surgeries.
The whole team worked great together or this never would have happened. I am proud to work with a great group of proud Christians who are willing to take their time and talents to go to Nicaragua to serve the Lord and his children.
I am sure the rest of the team will want to share some of their thoughts and I don't want to 'steal their thunder.'  We have lots more pictures. If you ever want to hear more or want a presentation for a group or organization we are always happy to talk about this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha. Angels singing, Jesus lizard visits - a pretty spiritual week all around. Truly God was in it all. Yes we have an amazing team. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to do what we can with what we have been given for the glory of God. Love the post-op photos. Look forward to seeing more from the team.

    ReplyDelete