Thursday, February 19, 2015

Home Safely

I will add some more pictures later but I wanted to let all of you know that we made it home safely and give you a few of my reflections. This trip was different but amazing. I guess I say that every year. We did not do as many surgeries as some years but the end results were great. Our days were 11 to 12 hours rather than the extremely long days that we have had some years. This gave us more time in the evenings to eat together, worship together and find out how everyone had spent their day. I feel so privileged to be a part of a team that has been called by God to serve in this way. At the beginning of our journey I packed a pair of cowboy boots in one of our totes before they were trucked cross country by pickup. I always do this so I will have something to wear to church in Puerto Cabezas. The totes arrived after a 30+ hour trip with all of our supplies except my cowboy boots. It struck me yesterday as we were landing in Omaha that I will gladly trade that pair of Tony Lamas for the lives we were able to touch on this mission trip. We spent a few days of R&R prior to coming home which did not go exactly according to plan but was still very enjoyable. Thank you once again for all of the prayers, support and encouragement that all of you give all of us.
Dean

1 comment:

  1. Dean, you never did say if you found your Tony Lama's or not. Glad to see that you folks are home albeit, winter at its best in Nebraska. Janie and I are patients of Dr. Tam's and I worked with Carl for a few years at A. Glenn Kluck feedlots. Tell all Hi and welcome home. Bob Meyer

    ReplyDelete